Monday, May 16, 2011

Once Upon A Time...

...there was a little girl who LOVED to bake! She helped her mommy decorate Christmas cookies and make brownies, and she even got a chance to make things all by herself in her very own Easy Bake Oven!! Her grandmas and mom were all amazing bakers, and they instilled the love of ALL Things Sweet into her being! Things have progressed a little with time, and now that little girl is all grown up and trying to do some baking of her own out of her home!


So, yes, the little girl is me, Alicia. And yes, I still love to bake! :) I decided to start this blog so that I could keep track of fun projects that I've gotten to do and to get the word out about "De-Lish Desserts!" 

I have enjoyed baking for as long as I can remember. From making those "interesting" tasting Easy Bake Oven cookies (and if you've ever had an Easy Bake Oven cookie/brownie/cake, you know exactly what I'm talking about...I remember making myself eat the whole thing--just because I made it--even though it tasted...well, let's be honest...weird. :) *Ahem*  Anyway, as I was saying, From making those "interesting" tasting Easy Bake Oven cookies, to learning how to make brownies from a boxed mix, to learning how to make everything from scratch, to working in a bakery in high school, (side note here: whoever's cake I wrote "Happy Birthday" on for the first time, I'm sorry! I was new and nervous--I hope you had a happy birthday anyway!) to learning how to decorate cakes, it's been so much fun, and I have loved learning new ways to stretch my creativity in baking!

  • My favorite thing to bake...hmmmm...probably Pies!
  • The best way to use those creative juices...decorating a Specialty Cake for birthdays or showers or any event!
  • The coolest things in baking right now...I'd say, Cake Pops, anything made out of Fondant, and Chocolate Chip Pillow Cookies!

So, bring on the sweetness, and I'll bring on mine. Have a super sweet day!



No comments:

Post a Comment