Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Welcome to the Jungle!"

I recently got to make cakes for two of my dear friends' baby showers. Alisa's shower was in March, and hers was a Jungle Theme. I had a lot of fun researching ideas for her cake...I love browsing through pictures online and finding amazing [and some rather not-so-amazing] cakes! I get really inspired by pictures and love to combine a whole bunch of different ideas together to form a unique cake for each person. Here are some of the pictures from her shower:

Just adding some finishing touches before everyone arrives.


This little guy was made out of gum paste. 
The tree trunks are made out of gum paste, and the leaves are  made from royal icing. The water is just piping gel that I tinted blue.

Lion, tigers, monkeys and zebras! My best friend, Kara, gave me the idea for these little cupcakes, and they were pretty simple. I just followed an instructional video on the Betty Crocker website.

These cupcakes were either vanilla, filled with chocolate pudding, or chocolate topped with a butter cream icing.

A look at the whole zoo!

Congratulations, Jeff and Alisa, and welcome sweet baby Liam!



No comments:

Post a Comment