Tuesday, May 17, 2011

State Street Cafe!

Back in February, I had the chance to make desserts for the State Street Cafe. Oak Hill Fellowship Church was having a coffee house, and they graciously asked me to supply the desserts. I had a lot of fun coming up with recipes for muffins and cookies and even...biscotti! It was my first time making some of these specific desserts, and I'm usually a little leery about making something before I taste it...so Joel and I did a bunch of testing before we served them! :)

Here are some pictures of the desserts:


These delightful cookies go perfectly with a hot cup of tea. They are Almond Butter Cookies with a dollop of raspberry or peach jelly in the middle.




These are a classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with powdered sugar sprinkled on top!

These are the famous "Chocolate Chip Pillow Cookies" that I was talking about! They are are a chocolate chip cookie filled with ooey, gooey fudgey deliciousness. You can try to eat only one...but it's probably not gonna happen!!! :) 

And then comes the Biscotti! I made a Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti, drizzled with white chocolate. They were perfect dipped in a hot cup o'coffee!

And on to the muffins...

These were my favorite! Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins with toasted Pecans.
Banana Walnut Muffins made with buttermilk and sour cream--as moist as you can get!

Cappuccino Muffins topped with cinnamon sugar and mini chocolate chips.

And last but not least, Black Bottom Cupcakes: chocolate cupcakes topped with cream cheese and chocolate chips folded in throughout. Mmmm...so chocolaty!


I really enjoyed baking for this event and greatly appreciated the support of my amazing husband...who inspired "De-Lish Desserts" in the first place. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment